Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 13 - Freeway Terror


OK. Maybe terror is an exaggeration but having my newly licensed daughter drive to the mall felt a bit like terror for me. I was white knuckling, sweating, holding onto that handle on the ceiling (not really sure why that is there but it is nice when you are in panic mode) feeling a bit out of control. She obtained her license on her 16th birthday, almost 1 1/2 months ago, but being we are rural suburban, freeway driving is not the norm so she wanted me to drive with her to one of her favorite malls with boyfriend in the backseat. Granted it was rush hour but we were going against traffic though it didn't always feel that way. There was so much traffic but we made it - yea!! The above picture was taken when we were off the freeway and close to the mall. There was no way I was taking a picture when we were on the freeway. Yikes
And here is another. I just like this one. My daughter is such a shopper - she lives for it and its something we aren't able to do quite as much. She got a winter coat at Hollister and was all smiles. A few goodies at Victoria Secret and we both made out like bandits at Maurices - so a happy outing for all (well, maybe not the boyfriend) in this sub zero temps.

7 comments:

  1. Great picture of your daughter driving and she looks really pleased with herself! Way to go on shopping (boyfriend - typical male - all thrilled - LOL)!

    My son just turned 16 on the 28th of Dec. - no permit yet (told him grades are directly related to driving, but I'm sure he'll bring those up) but I'm dreading it! I want my mechanic to install a steering wheel and brake on the passenger's side (LOL)!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful picture of your daugther driving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great moment to capture!

    Here you cannot learn to drive until you are 17.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 16 wow, she's gorgeous and smart, having her driving license. Here you are not allowed to drive before 18. Shopping, isnt that what all girls love?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your journalling with the photo. This is something I am not looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so proud after driving on the freeway! We can't drive until we're 18 years old. And i had to laugh at the picture of her and her boyfriend, while she is all happy, he's more like, oh be done already! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is gorgeous!! I still remeber going out for my first drive with my mom, you poor thing LOL!! My sister is ten years younger and just turned 16 and I am staying off the roads for a while LOL

    ReplyDelete